How often do you vacuum your carpets? – once a week? once a month?
How often do you deep-clean your carpets? – Once a year? When they start to smell? Once there is a layer of dirt showing?
The fact is, most home-owners clean their carpets far less often than they should. Life gets busy and sometimes the small things get left for another day. think about all of the things that fall into the your carpet: dust, dirt, dander, allergens, bacteria, pet hair, human hair, leaves, grime, and whatever else the family and visitors to your home drag in on their shoes. So why is it important to clean your carpet?
- It improve the look of your home. The most obvious reason to clean your carpet is to make your home look clean. Vacuuming at least once a week is a great way to remove all of the dirt, debris, bits, and bobs that build up on your carpet as the days and weeks pass by. You’ll appreciate coming home to a clean house, and you won’t be embarrassed by your dirty carpets when a friends and family visit.
- To improve the smell of your carpet. One good reason to maintain your carpets is to give your home that fresh clean smell. Carpets attract all sorts of unwanted things and sometimes they’re the site of unfortunate accidents like kids spilling milk. These spills can be quite smelly and when they build up over time, your carpet can get pretty smelly. Routine cleaning is important, but don’t forget to also get your carpet steam cleaned occasionally if you want your carpet to smell fresh and pleasant.
- To prevent your carpets from harming your health. Though they seem innocent, carpets may become harmful to the health of your family and if they aren’t regularly cleaned. They can attract allergens, spread bacteria, and expose you and your family to pollutants. Especially if you have young children or pets, or if someone in the home has allergies, regular carpet cleaning is essential. more on health and your carpets here.
- To prevent permanent stains. When you regularly clean your carpet, you reduce the likelihood of stains becoming permanent. Treating stains as quickly as possible is important because the quicker you act, the less likely it is that the stain will have sunk deep down into the carpet and dried. Here’s a handy guide for cleaning stains.
- To protect your investment. Carpets are expensive! Regularly cleaning your carpet helps to keep it in good condition, protecting the money you spent on it. This is especially important if your carpet is brand new or if you’re planning to sell your home soon.
Regularly cleaned carpets last longer compared to those which are not. The fabric of dirtier carpets gets damaged easily due to extra pile of dirt accumulated on its surface. It gets further damaged when you walk on it. However, if you perform regular cleaning, it ensures that your carpet remains free of dirt and allergic pollutants.
When buying a carpet, people spend a great deal of money on choosing a soft and good looking carpet. It not only helps to cover floors at your home, but also makes them look great. If you perform the right cleaning techniques, it will ensure that your carpet retains its new condition for a long period of time.
Why Hire Professional Carpet Cleaners
Professional carpet cleaning services were considered a novelty in the past, however now you can hire these services at cost-effective prices. These days’ people don’t have much time to perform carpet cleaning on their own. It’s a time consuming task, which is equally tedious and technical for most of the people. Sometimes, you don’t have the proper equipment to carry out the tasks properly. Such limitations in cleaning processes motivate most people to hire professional carpet cleaners.